Do you keep putting off getting those new kitchen countertops because you believe that your counters are just fine and will last a while longer? Yet you secretly want to replace them. You may be saving money right now by not getting new ones installed or you may not have a choice. Here are reasons you should replace your countertops right away:
- They no longer match your design vision.
- When it becomes a full-time job to maintain them.
- They are damaged beyond repair and have deep cracks, pitted areas or scorch marks.
- They have deep knife cuts or have water damage and staining.
- If tile counters are in retro-colors that are dating your kitchen.
- If the tiles are badly stained or the grout is un-cleanable after years of use
Have you decided it is time to change out your old countertops now? The next step is to pick out the right materials. Three good choices are granite, marble and quartz.
Will not scratch, is heat resistant and will last for years.
Will give an extremely deluxe look to your kitchen. It is great for a pastry chef because it does not conduct heat and will stay very cool to the touch.
Is very durable and long lasting. It comes in many different colors and will not show etch marks from acidic substances. With quartz, you will be able to match any style you have in your home.
Now it is time to come into the show room and pick out what will work best for you. It is time to stop putting it off.