When it is time to pick out new countertops for your kitchen, how do you decide what type you should get? There are so many options out there. One option that you can look into is recycled glass countertops. Here is what you need to know about these countertops.
First let’s look at the ways that you can use recycled glass to make kitchen countertops.
- Crushed glass or glass chips mixed in with a binder material to give a mosaic look.
- Have homogeneous or solid pieces of glass installed as the countertop itself.
Here are some pros to having these countertops installed in your home:
- Provide a unique style.
- They are Eco-friendly.
- Can be customized to fit your style and needs.
There are a few more cons that you should think about before you get these countertops installed.
- The price tag can be expensive, costing more than some stone countertop options out there.
- They will require sealing and resealing often, giving you more maintenance for the upkeep of your kitchen.
- The glass chips and can be knocked out, leaving holes in your counter. (Along with leaving sharp areas.)
- Solid pieces of glass can chip or crack and this will also leave sharp areas on the surface.
These points show that stone countertops can be a better option for your home. The best choice for you however, is what you think will make your kitchen elegant and functional for your home.