Not all stone countertops are created directly from nature. If you would like a countertop to match any style in your home, you should look into quartz countertops.
Here are some facts you should know about quartz countertops:
- Composed primarily from one of the hardest minerals on earth.
- One of the most durable countertops that you can get in your kitchen.
The following are some examples of the full process it takes to get these wonderful countertops in your home:
- The first step is to mine the quartz crystals.
- They are mined and ground into smaller pieces approximately the size of grains of sand.
- Next, a filler is added; usually recycled mirror, glass, or small flakes of other metals mixed with resins for binding.
- If patterns and designs are desired, then they can be added in next.
- Then the quartz is pressed into a slab with the thickness that is desired.
- Edges are also finished.
- All the holes for the sink, faucet and stovetop are then cut into it to ready it for the kitchen it is going into.
- Finally, it is installed by gluing it onto the cabinets.
- The final step is when the faucet and other fixtures are installed.
This is all it takes for quartz countertops to come from earth to your home. Luckily you don’t have to do these steps yourself. All you need to do is pick out the style you and color you want and have them installed into your home.