When you are looking at new countertops for your home, you might have people try to turn you away from the choice of elegant marble countertops. Don’t let them cloud your judgment. Here are the pros and cons about marble, starting with all the reasons you might hear advising you to shy away from it and how to make these bad factors not affect your stone.
- They scratch easily.
- If you use a cutting board and avoid cutting directly on the marble, you will not have to worry about scratches.
- They stain.
- Most stains are from acidic liquids from foods. If you clean them up right away, you will not get stains. Always clean right after a spill and you are set.
Now let’s look the numerous reasons you should install marble countertops.
- They present a timeless beauty that is hard to find in other types of stone.
- It is naturally cool and will not conduct heat.
- Great for bakers because it will keep the dough cool while working with it.
- Common marble such as carrara marble is one of the least expensive natural countertops so it will help with your budget.
- Easy to find and can be installed in your home effortlessly.
After reading these facts you should be able to decide if marble countertops will work for your home or not. Even though there are negative factors, the beauty of this stone can shine through and you will fall in love with your kitchen because of your countertops!