When you get new stone countertops you will fall in love with how they look. You will want to make it your mission to keep them looking shiny and new. Luckily for you it is easier than you might think to maintain stone countertops.
The secret to ensuring your countertop continues to appear looking new for as long as possible is to make sure they are sealed correctly as soon as they are installed. (This is one of many reasons for hiring a professional countertop company for your project.)
Additionally, throughout the years you will need to reseal your countertops. To know when this needs to be done all you need to do is sprinkle a little water onto the surface. If it does not bead up and soaks into the stone instead, then its time for resealing.
Here are the secrets everyone wants to know to maintain stone countertops
- Wipe down with a soft cloth and mild soap daily.
- Clean all spills as soon as they happen.
- Do not use sharp objects directly on the stone.
- Always use protection from heat.
- Do not use cleaners that contain bleach or citrus.
- Clean up splatters from grease as soon as possible.
- If set-in stains need to be scratched off, make sure to use a plastic putty knife.
- Avoid strong pressure and force to the stone.
- Use coasters when placing cups and glasses down that will sweat and leave moisture behind.
To keep your stone looking new you need to not be lazy and adhere to the steps listed above. That may sound hard but it really is easy. In no time it will be second nature for these steps to become part of your daily schedule.