Are you in the process of, or planning to update your outdoor space and thinking of putting in a bar or grilling station but not sure where to start? A great place to start is with granite.
Here are some ways that you can use granite in your backyard:
- Put in an outdoor kitchen.
- Add a pool-side bar.
- Add granite countertops to a built-in grill.
- Place elegant benches around a fire pit.
You might be worried about care and maintenance of the stone. Here are some simple steps to keep your granite countertops looking great, even outside:
- Check often for the need to reseal.
- Reseal when needed.
- Hose off the granite and wipe with a soft cloth.
- When installed, make sure exterior glue is used.
- Cover the area when not in use to protect it from weather.
- The more coverage you can have the better. Think about using awnings, umbrellas, or any other covering
- Remember that black or dark granite will get hot in direct sun. It can get so hot that you will not be able to touch (or sit) on it.
- Avoid laminated edges, they will have to be replaced often.
When you are finishing up your backyard, granite is always a great addition. All you need to do is keep up the maintenance and the stone will shine for for years.