Do you have a copper sink and can’t get it cleaned completely? Or are you thinking about getting a copper sink but the care and upkeep are keeping you away from the big purchase?
Your fears will be answered with these simple steps:
- Remember less is more.
- Changing color is not a sign of a dirty sink or a sink that is damaged.
- No more delicate than other sinks.
- Wipe sink down everyday with dish soap and a clean sponge.
- Never use an abrasive cleaner or coarse scrubber.
- Finish by wiping dry with a soft cloth to avoid water spots.
- Upkeep the sink by waxing it. This is done when water no longer beads up on the sides.
- A lacquer finish can be added to the sink to protect it.
- Some items that will react with copper are acids found in fruits, mustard and vinegar. Make sure you run water and clean out any of these substances.
When you have a copper sink and follow these tips you will have a stunning sink for years to come. With a little low maintenance, you will never lose that added value.