Quartz Backsplashes are changing homes with endless possibility
The kitchen backsplash has been a functional part of homes for a long time. It was probably introduced when indoor plumbing became common and protection from water, grease, and other splashes behind the sink was needed. Styles of the backsplash have evolved over time from the bright patterned tiles of the mid-1900’s to the neutrals of the 80’s and 90’s. In the early 2000’s subway tiles in a 3×5 size became popular and are still trending today. Subway tiles are not the only style popular today; there are many new styles and patterns to delight the home. Quartz backsplashes are the perfect material as they are durable and stunning. Let’s take a look at different styles and patterns popular today.
Quartz backsplash styles:
- Mosaic resembles tiled backsplash but it is made out of smaller pieces of tile. This style can be featured in a particular image or scene, which looks like a puzzle. Geometric patterns can also be used for design and do not need a particular image.
- Mural is most often created using tiles that reflect a picture or image. It can have similarities with the mosaic backsplash but the mural makes use of the larger tiles.
- Removable or temporary – it can be easily removed and installed making it ideal for temporary designs.
- Tile – it is regarded as the mainstay for kitchen decoration with various styles such as engineered quartz stone.
Quartz backsplash patterns:
- Laser-cut patterns are cut using lasers producing amazing designs that are assembled to form like a puzzle.
- Diagonal patterns are another way of presenting the layout with wonderful design that is unique and fun.
- Large-pattern makes use of big and bold patterns.
- Subway tiles feature a classic design for a more modern look.
- Herringbone patterns are arranged rectangles, which provide a lot of texture to the kitchen.
- Specialty-shaped patterns can be presented in various shapes and colors for uniqueness.
- Long tiles some people say that the subway tile trend is going away however they offer both functionality and eye appeal. If you are in favor of the subway tile, then long tiles may be just what you want for your remodel. The extended form changes the shape from conventional to unique without taking away the benefits of subway tile.
- Chevron – The chevron pattern can be an impressive addition to any kitchen, taking the traditional look of subway tiles to a new level of elegance. The look can be achieved with square tiles, subway tiles, and even long tiles.
For some more great Backsplash pattern and styles ideas visit: https://www.pinterest.com/explore/backsplash-ideas/
Here are some great examples of how the “quartz backsplash” can change your kitchen and more.
Wow what a lot of unique and exciting styles and patterns for quartz backsplashes. Did you know that backsplashes are moving away from their traditional locations? Backsplashes used to be limited to just behind the sink or stove but today backsplashes are going all the way up and out. Recently, more and more backsplashes are designed to go all the way up to the ceiling. There are many reasons why this is a growing trend. Not only does this make your kitchen ceiling seem higher, but it can also be used to highlight kitchen features such as the sink window. It also highlights cabinets and even the kitchen range hood.
Perhaps you found a collection of tiles with a pattern that you would like to have as the central point of the kitchen. You could pair them with solid-colored quartz countertops that make the quartz backsplash stand out. What is so amazing about using quartz tiles is the limitless possibilities. Literally you have become the artist and your home the canvas to create something that is not only timeless but as individualized as you. Shape and size, color and pattern are all unique. There’s just one more place a backsplash is trending and that is in the bathroom.
It has been said that backsplashes are bathroom jewelry—Taking an ordinary bathroom and brightening it up with eye-popping color or stunning design. Similar to the kitchen backsplashes don’t have to be just behind the sink. They can be placed on the whole wall behind the sink, around the shower or tub, even the whole bathroom can be a canvas. Your bathroom can become a work of art.
For some more great Backsplash pattern and styles ideas visit: https://www.pinterest.com/MusselBound/bath-backsplash-ideas/
Quartz backsplashes are the perfect addition to your home. Quartz is durable and antimicrobial which makes it an excellent companion for the kitchen and bath. It also comes in a wide array of colors so mixing and matching to make that perfect design will be creative and fun. After reading this you won’t see backsplashes in the same way again. Today’s homes are truly becoming modern works of art.