Kitchen remodels are no simple task and can take a lot of time, planning, and effort for amazing results. Knowing what will need to be done will take some weight of your shoulders, so you can come into acquiring new countertops prepared and knowing exactly what to expect. We recommend reading through this as a quick summary of what we will be doing during your countertop remodel process and the order you will be making decisions. You can also check out the Countertop Visual Designer to help you with choosing the right countertop material for your kitchen.
Step 1: Getting a Quote
Before we can get you a quote, we will have to collect some data about the shape and dimensions of your counters and you will have to make some decisions regarding stone, edge, backsplash, and sinks. Once we get all the required information, we will be able to draft you out a quote.
Creating drawings can be as simple as drawing the shape of your counters and writing the measurements in inches. The important details that our sales staff will need to have in order to achieve accurate pricing are the following:
- Edges that need to be polished marked
- Locations that will require slab backsplash marked
- Sink locations (we do not need exact sink location or sink size; this just helps to know where possible seams could be)
Elegant works with all natural stones such as granite, marble, soapstone, travertine, limestone, and quartz. Slabs are available in two different thicknesses:
- 2cm stone is ¾” thick; requires ⅝” plywood sub deck.
- 3cm stone is 1 ¼” thick; does not require plywood decking except for under-mounting sinks.
Once you have determined what type of stone and thickness you would like, you can move on to selecting a color. You are able to choose stone from our stock or from any local stone suppliers.
Selecting an Edge
Another important decision you will need to make is the style of your countertop edge. We have provided a PDF download for you here to view the various edge styles.
Selecting a Slab Backsplash
An alternative to the standard tile backsplash, a slab backsplash is a beautiful choice for many kitchens. Standard splash height is approximately 4″, but Elegant can fabricate any custom height for a slab backsplash to meet the needs of your kitchen. Please speak with your sales representative or come visit our showroom to find out all the options for backsplash.
Step 2: Signing the Contract
- We can then put together a contract for you after all decisions have been made and we have given you a quote.
- Once we have a signed contract and a 50% deposit we can proceed with scheduling
Step 3: Scheduling the Template
- When we receive the sign contract and deposit we will set up a date to come out to template your project. In order to complete the template properly, we ask that either the contractor or homeowner is present for questions and to make all final decisions. Please have all sinks, faucets, and your range on site for the template.
- If you prefer, after templates have been made you can come out and do a template layout with one of our staff members. This is highly recommended for colors with lots of movement.
- At this time we will give you a tentative install date, it will be about a week and a half to two weeks until your install. Again we request that either the contractor or homeowner be present at the beginning of install.
Step 4: Installation
Come visit our Project Gallery to go over in detail what to expect on the install and let us know any special requests you may have.