Once you get new countertops in your home you will want to keep them clean and make sure they look new for many years. This may scare you and you are worried that the up keep will be hard.
Here are some easy steps for cleaning your quartz countertops:
- Use a soft rag and a mild detergent. Make sure to use a detergent that is bleach-free and non-abrasive.
- When a liquid spills, wipe it up as soon as possible. The longer a liquid is on the quartz the less stain resistance the countertop material will have.
- If there is an old dried up, heavy stain, use a glass or surface cleaner and a sponge. The sponge needs to be non-abrasive.
- If something sticky gets on it, like gum, then you can scrape it away with a putty knife.
- Degreasing cleanser can be use to clean off grease but just make sure to rinse it off immediately.
To clean marble:
- Use a soft cloth, warm water and some mild soap.
- Don’t scrub because it can scratch the marble.
- Don’t leave water on the surface; make sure to wipe it up right away.
- Then use a dry cloth to go over it again, making sure it is completely dry.
Some tips when taking care of granite countertops:
- Make sure to clean up spills right away by blotting them up.
- To protect from dirt and dust, clean and polish regularly with a granite care product. This will keep the surface clean, clear and shiny.
- Do not use ammonia-based cleaners.
- Avoid using scrubbing pads, tough sponges or steel wool to clean with. They may scratch your counters.
- Make sure to dry the counter when you are finished cleaning to keep it looking new and in order to avoid water stains.
When you follow these few steps your kitchen surfaces will be long lasting. The new look of your stone countertops will be something that guest will strive for themselves by just seeing yours.